Being vigilant and safe online is increasingly important especially in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space!
When dealing with any sort of funds transfer and/or trading of Cardano Ada or any other cryptocurrency, it is especially important to be extra cautious.
Here are some security tips that we recommend:
- Use good judgement and critical thinking when using a site / service - if it looks to good to be true, it probably is and always check the URL address! Please see below for a list of our official websites.
- Ensure that you use the official Daedalus wallets for Windows and Mac, which can only be downloaded from https://daedaluswallet.io
- Please be aware of fake / scam smartphone apps. There is currently no official Android or iOS Daedalus wallets available.
- We, or any of the Cardano affiliated organizations/personnel, will never ask you to send us Ada or other cryptocurrencies. Please be aware of scams like this that have appeared on Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms.
- Do not disclose your balance or portfolio details online. This can make you a target to hackers.
- Do not rush into anything, it is often a case of doing a little online research which can reveal a scam or something which has been flagged by the community.
Finally, if you have suspicions or would like to report a scam, please email us immediately at [email protected] As the official Cardano organisation, we can often put increased pressure on 3rd parties to take down scams. Our first action will be to contact the hosting provider, domain registrant or social media platform directly. We also rely on the community reporting these directly to 3rd parties, so please do report any scams directly with the relevant party.
Cardano official sites:
Cardano official communities: